Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Come join our team!
Come join our team!
Experienced Automotive Technician Needed
Bill’s Auto Clinic, Inc. and Hybrid Shop of the Triad have been in business for over 20 years in the same Winston-Salem location because our core values are based on integrity, high quality work, parts, and people that work together to provide our customers with excellent service.
Full-time experienced Automotive Service Technician. (at least 5 years)
Official NC emissions inspector (will train)
Dependable team member with professional appearance and aptitude
Valid driver’s license
Submit to and successfully complete MVR, background check, and pre-employment drug screen.
The qualified candidate must diagnose and repair automobiles,
perform routine maintenance services and repair and service air conditioning, heating,
engine-cooling and electrical systems
and have hybrid gas/electric experience.
5-day work week in a well-lit, state of the art equipped automotive repair shop.
Bring your own tools to your own bay.
Service Advisors/Management that can SELL needed work on your recommendations
Performance based pay plans, Signing and Performance Based Bonuses
Paid Uniforms, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Paid Training
Employee Discount Program
Please apply by calling 336-661-1011 to make an appointment for a phone interview, or
send resume to [email protected]
Bill’s Auto Clinic, Inc. and Hybrid Shop of the Triad
Estimated Compensation $41,000 - $75,000 per year
$6,000 sign on bonus with contract employment.
Full-Time, on-site employment. Not a remote work-eligible position.
Our company is a family-owned and operated independent automotive repair service center that has been open since 2001. We offer mechanical repair and maintenance services to our clients for conventional gas-powered vehicles and specialize in services for hybrid electric vehicles in a customer service-focused environment. If you are looking to kick the corporate ladder and work with a team that loves what we do and enjoys doing it together, we have the position for you.
The Service Advisor is responsible for overseeing employees and daily operations within the company. Their duties include greeting customers and helping them determine repairs and relevant costs, creating customer service policies to help employees effectively communicate with customers about company products or services, and speaking with customers who have complex questions. Service Advisors document interactions with customers in reports for later summary and analysis. Full-time Service Advisors spend the majority of their time in an office setting, greeting customers to build relationships, gathering information on vehicle specifications and current issues, building service estimates and ordering necessary parts, and contacting customers with estimates and updates. They frequently visit the repair shop to consult with technicians and collect information from vehicles in the parking lot.
Equipment Maintenance, Problem-solving, Quality focus, Productivity, Estimating
Reporting research results, Product knowledge, Safety management
Customer service and sales
Education and Experience Requirements:
2-plus years of experience in a service advisor role is strongly preferred
Ability to multitask, work as an integral team member, and in high-stress settings.
Computer, data-entry, organizational, record-keeping, math, and accounting proficiency.
Ability to stand, walk, sit and lift up to 25 pounds.
Strong understanding of auto mechanics and the ability to identify appropriate repairs for vehicle problems.
Skilled in retail sales through the ability to break down complicated automotive or industry topics into understandable advice for the customer instead of high-pressure sales tactics.
Confident and warm intrapersonal skills that build lasting relationships with customers and coworkers.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
Experience or certification with the specific manufacturer is a bonus
Computer and point-of-sale proficiency
Previous customer service experience
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested, mileage-specific services needed, and other pertinent information.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage develops estimates, writes repair orders and maintains customer rapport and records.
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customers’ descriptions of symptoms, clarifying descriptions of problems, conducting inspections, taking test drives, checking vehicle maintenance records, and examining service schedules.
- Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor.
- Calculates customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
- Obtains approval signatures and enters RO into the service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of the vehicle, obtaining customer’s approval of estimates, obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers, answering questions and concerns, and arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading manufacturers’ publications.
- Enhances the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge about the employer’s range of services and prices, consulting with technicians about needed repairs, selling the customer factory-specific or mileage indicated maintenance services needed and/or up sales, recommendations from the technicians and inspection forms, possible cost savings, warranty protections, and delivering prompt, professional solutions for customer inquiries.
- Implementing improvements to customer service for the purposes of customer retention and acquisition through referrals.
- Gathering advertising data from customers, i.e. “How did you hear about us?”, in order to increase the cost-effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Training and managing service staff in the best consumer service practices, such as securing technician inspection forms upon intake of each vehicle to ensure safety and reliability to the customer.
- Representing the opinions and suggestions of the customers to the company, so the company has feedback from its customers.
- Suggesting improvements for customer service or shop productivity to higher management.
- Overseeing and managing the service center’s scheduling and workflow to increase shop productivity.
- Collecting payment for services, maintaining account balances, and vendor payments.
- Consistently updating accounts receivables and invoicing statements.
- Daily reports and banking deposits.
Benefits and Work Hours
We offer the right person:
$6000 sign-on bonus with a contract.
7:30 am -5:30 pm on weekdays, Nights and Weekends off!
Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Paid sick days
Competitive pay, commission on sales.
Bonus pay for achievement of goals.
Our company pays for mandatory training.
A health insurance plan is available.
Join our growing team.
To apply, Text “APPLICANT SERVICE WRITER” to 336-661-1011.
OR Email us at [email protected] and reference APPLICANT SERVICE WRITER in the subject line. Include resume and/or letter of qualifications and contact information.
Similar Job Titles
Automotive Service Writer, Automotive Service Manager
Independent Auto Repair Center General Manager
Service Consultant, Customer Service Advisor
Outside Service Advisor, Mechanical Service Advisor/Writer